It is intended for people over the age of 65 years, or 50 years and over for people who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, needing low level support at home. You may need to pay a contribution towards each service you use.

Domestic assistance

This program is available in the Nepean and Illawarra regions and can help with the cleaning, laundry, meal preparation and delivery of shopping.

Personal Care

This program is available in the Nepean and Illawarra regions and can assist you in daily activities to maintain appropriate standards in personal hygiene, including bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming and assistance with medications.

Flexible Respite care

This program is available in the Northern Sydney area, providing your carer a break for a few hours or days, at home or in the community.

Allied health and Therapy Services

This program is available in the Northern Sydney area, providing short term Physiotherapy support to improve your mobility and wellbeing. The program can be individualised and provided in your home, or in a group setting, in the Stepping-On Program.


With over 100 years’ combined experience in the Aged Care sector, the UPA Sydney Home Care team have a comprehensive understanding of your needs, and how to support you to live the life you choose.

Home Care - the team at UPA Sydney

Jimmy Yeung (Admin), Mavis Dwyer (Coordinator), Annabel Huang (Registered Nurse), Carole Kingham (Coordinator), Rayna Knox (DVA & Scheduling Coordinator) & Matt Dalley (Home Care Manager)


Most recently, UPA Sydney Home Care underwent an internal Audit, completed by Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA) under the new Aged Care Quality Standards. This has proven that we are proactive in the care that we provide and are compliant with the Legislative requirements.

In November of 2016, we successfully underwent a Quality Review, completed by the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (now known as the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission). We are due for our next Performance Assessment in 2019.


Eligibility is based on 2 things:


You must be:

  • 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people).
  • Or, 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and on a low income, homeless, or at risk of being homeless.

Level of need

Assistance required may be:

  • For low-level needs on an ongoing basis
  • Short-term after injury or illness
  • Interim support while waiting for a Home Care Package (HCP)
  • Due to a risk of homelessness.
About UPA Sydney

Access to funded service

To register your details:
Call 1800 200 422
or visit

The information My Aged Care will ask you during this process may include:

  • Your Medicare Card details
  • Your aged care needs and service needs
  • Your health concerns
  • Any medical assessments and service referrals you’ve had to date
  • Any aged care services you already receive
  • How you are managing around the house
  • Any health and safety concern you have around the house
  • Other questions to help determine your aged care support needs.

If you’d like someone to contact My Aged Care on your behalf, you’ll need to give your consent for them to represent you. My Aged Care can also provide interpreters for you if you need one.

We at UPA Sydney Home Care can also visit you at your home and assist you to register, at no expense to you.

Once My Aged Care has registered your details, they will refer you to your local Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) for an assessment. ACAT assessors are usually nurses, social workers or other health care professionals employed by the Australian Government to help you determine the level of support you require – from home care services to residential aged care.

Soon after you register with My Aged Care, you’ll be contacted by your local Regional Assessment Team (RAS) to complete a phone assessment.

It’s a good idea to a family member, carer or friend with you during your assessment, so they can support you and clarify things you may not understand.

Your RAS assessor will ask you for a wide range of information, including:

  • If you agree to have the assessment
  • What support you already have, including care provided by family members
  • Your health and lifestyle
  • Any memory issues you may have
  • How you’re coping at home now
  • Whether any safety improvements could be made around your home
  • Permission to speak to other people involved in your care, such as your GP and family members.

This is also a good opportunity for you to ask RAS about aged care in your local area – including what services are available to support you and your carers, who provides them, and how much they cost.

If approved for CHSP services, you will be provided referral codes for each service type. It is then your responsibility to contact service providers, like us, to determine of they have capacity to provide you with your approved level of care.

If you haven’t already, contact us to discuss your aged care needs and find out how we can help.

If you’re interested in choosing us for your aged care services, we’ll work with you to find the right  home care services for your needs. You’ll need to enter into an agreement with us before we can start providing you with services.

Each month, your support Coordinator will check in with you to see if your needs have changed and adjust your services accordingly. We partner with you to ensure you live the life you choose. We can also help you arrange another ACAT assessment if your aged care needs change significantly.

If you would like to learn more about the services or supports we can provide you, or your loved one, please either Call: 02 8197 9306 or Email:

Careers at UPA Sydney

How can we help?